Which movie to watch, what computer game choose for your child and how best to spend time at the screen with the whole family? These are the questions we will try to answer in this short article.
It's no secret that the entertainment industry is increasingly tolerant to the violence on the screen. Violence and sex are an inherent part of almost every blockbuster or a video game. Nevertheless, there are several organizations that are trying to control and organize the content in the best way by age categories.
Those movies that you can download any time are freely available to children are rated as recommended and not recommended for viewing by a particular group of audience.
Currently, the American Motion Picture Association has identified five groups of films for different groups of audiences:
- "G" rating is given to the films recommended for all groups of viewers. Children may watch these movies without a parent, without harm to their psyche. In such films there is no coarse expressions, sexual scenes, use of harmful substances, or violence in pronounced form. These characteristics are vague, but at least it's better than nothing.
- "PG"- marking movies, which are best to watch with parents. These films are not full of violence, but it can manifest itself more clearly, and there may be present the scenes with a minimum amount of swearing.
- "PG13"- are films for children after 13 years. Parental control for children up to 13 years is required. In such films, there may be present profanity expressed in a sexual context, nudity without sexual connotation, drug use is minimal, with brief scenes of violence.
- "R" is assigned to the movies with explicit obscene content. These films are not allowed to show to children under 12 years of age at all. And up to 17 years, children must be supervised by a parent, or the film is first to see by parents before offering it to the children. There may be sex and violence, and drugs, and a lot of swearing.
- "NC-17"- a film for adults. This is not pornography, but the sex scenes may be present in a film explicitly, as well as drugs, violence, and plenty of swearing.
However, the reality is that you can download any movie on the Internet now freely, where there are no age limits, and your child can watch movies with NC-17 rating, regardless of time of day. The same situation is on television. It's not even funny, along with the new Law on the Protection of Children, which supposedly should control the Internet resources that could be harmful to children. In fact, parents themselves should control the movies their children are about to watch.
You can also get professional essay writing help on Movie Ratings online!